1. STOP ASKING GOVERNMENT FOR PRIVILEGES, FAVORS AND HANDOUTS! No matter how appealing or attractive they may appear THEY ARE NOT "FREE": They are extracted from the hides of your fellow citizens, and an increasing deadweight around the necks of future generations.
2. BECOME PART OF THE SOLUTION INSTEAD OF MOST OF THE PROBLEM: If you are employed in the
3. "DO THE MATH." Take every deduction and exemption you can rightfully claim at tax time. The less money "Der Holy Mother Schtaat" has to pay its over-extended and over-the-limit Chinese Bank credit card, the greater compulsion builds for it to operate within its means.
4. BRING THE NOISE. Learn and give people the facts on how ruinous this faux-economic system is to individual integrity and responsibility. Discourage discretely others' dependence on socialist programs.
5. PUSH BACK. Find a political action group or organization with a proven track record of supporting limited government and greater individual liberty and responsibility, then throw all your weight behind it. If you can't find such a voice, you must become that voice!
6. LOSE THE ATTITUDE. Most people have bought the bill of bads about "you can't fight City Hall/there's nothing I can do", and quite frankly, that's bunk! It's exactly what the socialists and socializers want you to believe, because it empowers them. This country was started by people just like you, who decided to make a difference and take a stand against the blight of imperial tyranny...It can only be preserved by the same!
7. WISE UP (Perhaps I should have listed this earlier): Turn off the freaking HELL-a-vision, throw away the newspapers and gossip rags...Get rid of all that JUNK the Establishment wants you to keep swilling your head with and check into the Bible, the Constitution, the Harvard Classics - the wisdom of ages that built the men and women that founded this republic. Bare minimum, check out some of Ayn Rand's novels and epistemology from your local library. Educate yourself about America's history and heritage, because government certainly won't do that for you - The last thing on Earth a bureaucrat wants is an informed citizen getting in the way of his altruism! For too long now, America has been in the hands of the arrogant, aided and abbetted by the ignorant. At the end of your self-education, you'll become something rare and far between on the American scene today: Somebody who actually knows what they are talking about!
8. KNOW YOUR IMPORTANCE, AND DARE TO BELIEVE IT. Frederick Douglass said "The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress." Remember that when leftist tyrants falsely accuse you of being an old fogey, fossil or fascist, and "right"-wing ones would discourage with Papist, dispensationalist atheo-illogy and other excuses for you to cede power to them. The rightful political authority in a Constitutional republic resides in its active citizens...and ONLY with them!
You can and will make a difference if you know who you are and refuse to be talked out of it.