Wednesday, August 26, 2009

The Enemy

I am more powerful than the combined armies of the world.
I have slaughtered more people than all the wars ever fought, and massacre thousands more each year.
I am more deadly than bullets.
I steal billions every year.
I spare no one, finding victims among the rich and poor alike; the young and old, the strong and weak.
Widows know me to their everlasting sorrow.
I loom in such proportions I cast my shadow over every field of labor or endeavor.
I lurk in unseen places, and do most of my work silently.
I am relentless, merciless and cruel.
I am everywhere - in the home, on the streets, in the factory and farm, on land, air and sea.
You are warned against me but you heed it not; I bring sickness, degradation and death, yet few seek me out to destroy me.
I crush. I harm. I will give you nothing, but may rob you of everything you have, especially those of you who believe yourselves invincible and infallible;
I am your worst enemy...

I, am carelessness!

1 comment:

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

well that's fucking scary.