Saturday, August 15, 2009

That Song In My Head



New York Minute

Harry got up, dressed all in black
Went down to the station and he never came back
They found his clothing scattered somewhere down the track
And he won't be down on Wall Street in the morning.
He had a home, love of a girl
But men get lost sometimes as the years unfurl;
One day he crossed that line and he was too much in this world
But I guess it doesn't matter anymore.

In a New York Minute_everything can change
In a New York Minute_things can get pretty strange
In a New York Minute_everything can change
In a New York Minute!

Lying here in the darkness, I hear the sirens wail;
Somebody going to Emergency, somebody's going to jail
You find somebody to love in this world you better hang on tooth and nail...
The wolf is always at the door.

In a New York Minute_everything can change
In a New York Minute_things can get a little strange
In a New York Minute_everything can change
In a New York Minute

And in these days, when darkness falls early
And people rush home to the ones they love,
You'd better take a fool's advice, and take care of your own;
'Cause one day they're here, next day they're gone...
Throw my coat around my shoulders; took a walk down thru the park.
The leaves were falling around me; the groaning city in the gathering dark,
On some solitary rock a desperate lover left his mark: It said "Baby I've changed, please come back."
What the head makes cloudy, the heart makes very clear.
The days were so much brighter the time that she was here
I know there's somebody somewhere can make these dark clouds disappear,
Until that day I have to believe; I believe I believe...

In a New York Minute_everything can change
In a New York Minute_things can get pretty strange
In a New York Minute_everything can change
In a New York Minute...

I was going to save this song for September 11th, but I keep believing for that New York Minute when we get back to loving freedom more than freebies, and reality replaces illusions.

2 comments:

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

I love the eagles..and i really love that song..thanks

Ted Amadeus said...

It's the second best song on the best album Don Henley ever made, The End Of The Innocence, and that title cut is not just the best song on the album, but to a certain degree, the story of my life...
You do remember what happened when you "lost your innocence", right? You got screwed!

I'm saving that little number for a special occasion later this month.