Sunday, August 8, 2010

Blinded Minds, Stiff Necks

Galt-in-Da-Box had last Monday off, so a trip to the donut shop for breakfast.
I made my selections, got a bottle of chocolate milk to wash them down with, and sat down next to some geez going on about his health problems and meds. If you have health problems, donuts are not exactly high on your menu options choice - if you're smart! That should have clued me in right there that I wasn't dealing with someone with a lot of mental firepower.
He muttered whimperingly that he shouldn't even be alive right now, that it was only by the grace of God, and he was enrolled in double-blind drug test studies because he felt he should make some contribution to the planet. I don't know the specifics of what his issues were, but the fact he was wearing some kind of breathing apparatus made it clear they weren't simple ones. Since he was a boomer, I had no doubt they were drug-related to begin with, and we're not talking about something you get from a pharmacy. If you constantly put robbers in your body to steal your health, it's going to happen eventually.
"My family thinks I'm a weirdo for believing in God."
I laughed and said "So does mine, or more accurately, they think I'm going to hell because I don't worship all three of theirs!"
"You just need to find the right church."
How many times had I heard that song and dance number before?
"No, they just need to read the Word, find out what and how He actually operates, and leave the stained-glass whorehouse on the street corner."
He falsely accused me at this point of being an agnostic, and when I tried to explain to him the difference between an agnostic and a Believer, he devolved into some empty-headed-emotionalist dissertation at length about his feeeeeelings, and how superior he'd found (local cocksucker/perv-hugger church) to be to any other to which he had been. Anyone who has ever asked me why I think most religion is nothing more than spiritual masturbation could have garnered positive proof from being there.
I explained to him the difference between getting born again of God's Spirit and going to some fancy social club to impress the other attendees with your dress clothing, and it went even more nowhere. Finally, in hopes of clearing the air completely, I said "I love God and the Bible, but religion is bullshit...Nobody will ever convince me otherwise."
He said he couldn't understand why I felt that way, and I said "I do all my feeeeeeling with my fingers, but I have discovered through research and experience that Truth tends to pass through four distinct phases: 1. It's rediculed and lampooned. 2. It's violently opposed. 3. It's accepted as self evident. 4. (We were talking religion, but it works equally well in politics,) it gets converted into a money-making scam."
In typical boomer fashion, he launched into epithets, ad hominem and a lot of tommy-rott about how "negative, divisive and mean-spirited" he felt my attitude was, and turned away - the last part for which I was exceeding grateful, and finished my breakfast.
The Bible says "...the god of this world* hath blinded the minds of them that believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ should shine unto them." (2 Corinthians 4:4) and religious unbelief is the worst kind. When people deliberately shut off their brains and do what everyone else is doing because it looks good, or makes them feel good, instead of acting according to Truth, calamity ensues. Why else do you see so many "Christian"s in piss-poor health and destitution when The Word says in 3 John 2 "Beloved I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." Empty-headed-emotionalism, social gospels and salvation by WASP CULTure do not prosper a soul, but truth does. Jesus Christ came that we might have life more abundantly (John 10:10), not misery and self-righteous foolishness. There's not going to be abundant life, health or prosperity manifest in the lives of folks wasting their time in cold, dead, dry whited mausoleums where they're taught to reject and fight The Word instead of believe it.
I got tired of traditions of men and the yoke of a slave and left the denominational religious world in 1987, but it still seems a popular addiction (opiate?) for many whom Vaticanism and the devil spirit realm still manipulate.
--------------------------------
*"god of this world" refers to the adversary

2 comments:

texlahoma said...

If Jesus came back to Earth it would be great how he wouldn't waste his time on the high and mighty. He probably wouldn't set foot in a church. He would help the poor and downtrodden, he would speak out against war. He would probably kick Barry Soetoro's butt.

Ted Amadeus said...

I like the Bill Hicks Version myself:
"What if he comes back with an Uzi and an attitude? I guarantee you the last thing he's gonna wanna see is a cross! 'Oh shit...it's Jesus, man...And he's PISSED!' *pop-pop-pop!*
Much closer to reality than ANYTHING you'll ever hear from a pulpit (there's gonna be a whole lot o' ass-whuppin' goin' on)!
BTW, God has ALREADY given the poor and the down-trodden everything they need to escape their situation in His Word, it's just a question of will they believe it, instead of all the religio-political bullshit-osophy keeping them destitute?