ONLY IN AMERICA:
Top Ten List of Our Ever-Growing Stupidity.
10) Only in America ... could politicians talk about the greed of the rich at a $35,000.00 a plate campaign fund-raising event.
9) Only in America ... could people claim that the government still discriminates against black Americans when they have a black President, a black Attorney General and roughly 20% of the federal workforce is black while only 14% of the population is black. 40 % of all federal entitlements go to black Americans. 3X the rate that go to whites, 5X the rate that go to Hispanics, ?X the rate that go to others!
8) Only in America ... could they have had the two people most responsible for our tax code, Timothy Geithner (the head of the Treasury Department) and Charles Rangel (who once ran the Ways and Means Committee), BOTH turn out to be tax cheats who are in favor of higher taxes.
7) Only in America ... can they have terrorists kill people in the name of Allah and have the media primarily react by fretting that Muslims might be harmed by the backlash.
6) Only in America ... would they make productive, industrious people who want to legally become American citizens wait for years in their home countries and pay tens of thousands of dollars for the privilege, while they reward anyone who sneaks into the country illegally with all the benefits of citizenship and none of the responsibilities.
5) Only in America ... could the people who believe in balancing the budget and sticking by the country's Constitution be thought of as "extremists" while corrupt subverters of our heritage that haven't produced a budget in half a dozen years are considered "progressive and educated"!
4) Only in America ... could you need to present a driver's license to cash a check or buy alcohol, but not to vote.
3) Only in America ... could people demand the government investigate whether oil companies are gouging the public, because the price of gas went up, when the return on equity invested in a major U.S. oil company (Marathon Oil) is less than half of a company making tennis shoes (Nike).
2) Only in America ... could the government collect more tax dollars from the people than any nation in recorded history, still spend a Trillion dollars more than it has per year - for total spending of $7-Million PER MINUTE - and complain that it doesn't have nearly enough money.
1) Only in America ... could those who pay 86% of all income taxes be accused of not paying their "fair share" by people who don't pay any income taxes at all.
There's no time like NOW to get back to the Constitution!