Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Rock Check Time

Today marks the average point at which most people give up on their goals for the new year.
Before abandoning your aspirations entirely, ask yourself a few important questions: 
How important was this objective to begin with? Is it an actual, personal thing I wanted to accomplish, or just something I came up with on the spur of the moment to fit in (these resolutions are usually the most unrealistic)? Have I prepared myself sufficiently with the training and resources I need to accomplish my goal (if not, then start now)? Have I set a minimum timeframe for accomplishing my goal? Have I set realistic benchmarks, phases or checkpoints along the way for getting to my goal?
It's not wrong to question your goals! It may be an indicator that you need perspective: The most important part of setting a goal is that you want it more than anything, and have an idea what your next goal is going to be once it is accomplished!
I hope you've chosen such a goal, that your achievement plan is simple and flexible, and that you've decided to go on from here to achieve it, because you are the only one who can reach your goal.

No comments: